Prof. Hilmar Raeschke-Kessler has been among the leading arbitrators (Rankings), national and international, for many years. Since 1985, he has served regularly as chairman, sole arbitrator and party appointed arbitrator in international and national arbitrations (ICC, DIS, PCA, LCIA and others, ad hoc).
These arbitrations are related to disputes in international and national commercial and company law, with a focus on post-M&A disputes, foreign investment, energy law and construction.
Federal Court of Justice
Prof. Hilmar Raeschke-Kessler’s Federal Court practice focuses on commercial law cases, especially on enforcement or annulment proceedings of arbitral awards.
Co-author of international and national rules and guidelines
• German Federal Ministry of Justice: member working group reviewing German Arbitration Law of the CCP, since 2016,
• Member Review Committee DIS-Arbitration Rules 2016 - 2018,
• Co-author DIS-Arbitration Rules 1998,
• Co-author of the IBA-Rules on the Taking of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration 1999 and 2010,
• Co-author of the IBA-Guidelines on Conflicts of Interest in International Arbitration 2004,
• Observer at the Unidroit Committee on Principles of International Commercial Contracts 2010.
Listings as arbitrator and appointments
• AAA Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators,
• CIArb - Presidential Panel of Arbitrators,
• Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC),
• Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (klrc),
• Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), The Hague, appointment as chairman,
• Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC),
• Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC), Vienna.
• Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (DIS) (German Arbitration Institution) – board member until 2022,
• Heidelberg Center for International Law of Procedure and Dispute Resolution, University of Heidelberg – advisory board member,
• ICC-Commission on International Arbitration,
• ICC Task Force in Guidelines for ICC Expertise Proceedings – past co-chair,
• IBA Committee on Arbitration (Committee D) – past vice chair,
• Deutsche Vereinigung für Internationales Recht (German branch of the International Law Association - ILA) – past vice presiden,
• London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Europeans Users’ Council – past vice president.